Model Kathryn Mayorga sues Christiano Ronaldo of £56 Million prior to damages

499
Listen Now

Former model, teacher Kathryn Mayorga, who had accused footballer Cristiano Ronaldo of rape in 2009, is claiming £56 million (Rs 579 crore) in damages.

“She wants £18m for ‘past pain and suffering’, £18m for ‘future pain and suffering’ and £18m in punitive damages. The 37-year-old’s expenses rack up to £1.4m with legal fees of £1.1m giving a total of £56.5m – equal to two years of the Juventus star’s salary,” said a report in mirror.co.uk.

Ronaldo, 36, ­vigorously denies Mayorga’s claims of rape.“I firmly deny the accusations being issued against me. Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in,” the Portuguese striker said in 2019.

Ronaldo has always strongly denied the claims — calling them “fake news” — and says the sex was consensual.The alleged rape is said to have happened in the early hours of June 13, 2009.

At the time of the alleged attack, Ronaldo, then 24, was in Las Vegas on holiday with his brother-in-law and cousin.Budding model Ms Mayorga, then 25, was ­working in Rain nightclub, inside the Palms Casino Resort and met the star in the venue’s VIP area.

She told Der Spiegel she has suffered clinical depression and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder following the alleged rape.

However Miss, Mayorga accepted £270,000 as part of an out-of-court settlement in 2010.However, she revived the case three years ago saying she had been “mentally incapacitated” when she agreed to sign the settlement under duress.

The report added, “Her legal team has filed a list of more than 60 witnesses they want to testify. They include British former Big Brother star Jasmine Lennard, 35, who claims she dated the former Manchester United ace 10 years ago.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here